Stego's Usenet FAQ's on Nepal and India travel
Oops, this site isn't updated for a long time! I haven't time to update it, but I also haven't the courage to put it off the air. Surfing these pages is like a time travel in old times Internet. Here time stopped in March 1997.
- The layouts may differ from a site to another.
- The updates appear first at CFN, and generally are mirrored in a few days to the other servers. Access to CFN tends to be slow, specially between (more or less) 10am and 8-10pm GMT, from Monday to Friday, although sometimes it's possible to obtain an acceptable connection speed during those periods.
- Last updates present here: Nepal-v.3 (4 Mar 97); India-v.2 (20 May 96).
These FAQ's are composed of Usenet articles and emails from various persons. They were collected mainly from rec.travel.asia, soc.culture.nepal and soc.culture.indian (actually very few came from this last).
I thank to all the authors of these writings, some of them still don't know they are helping us because I wasn't able to reach them by email. Thanks also to the kind owners of the mirror sites.
Other pages of mine that may interest you:
I expect to make available the travelogue of my November 94 trip to Nepal in a few weeks.
- Some photographs taken at the Annapurna area of Nepal. Also available at CFN.
- Page of Nepal links and another one of tourism and travel links. Actually they are needing some maintenance and the access may be slow, but perhaps they will be useful to you. I hope to rebuild them all one of these days, but the truth is that I've been saying this for monthes :-).
- Travelogue of my October 95 trip to India. Available here, at CFN and at India Network.
- My personal homepages. Available here and at CFN.
The weeks turned into yyyeaarss. I found the travelogue in a copy of one of my ooold PC's
If you are fond of logos, perhaps you want to make one to replace that on the top of the page? I was looking for something that really remind traveling to Nepal and India. I don't guarantee I'll use the one that you may make , I'll have to like it better than the mine (that shouldn't be difficult :-), but at least I'll include it somewhere on this page. Or maybe I'll create a page with all the logos I receive and then I ask for users to vote for one...
All comments and contributions (not money, suggestions, notifications of any bad links, bad formating or errors, etc.) are welcome.
If you own some web space and you are interested in mirroring these pages, don't hesitate in contacting me, as long as there aren't any commercial interests behind. The more people see these pages, the happier I get and I guess that the authors of the articles feel the same.
If you know of any good software (and preferably free...) for editing/processing email messages and Usenet articles, please let me know, I spend too much time converting the material to HTML.
J. Mário Pires, 4 Mar 97
If you want to be automatically notified when this page is updated, use this service offered by NetMind (URL-minder):
Go to the TheTropics GeoPage.
This page is hosted by Get your own Free Home Page.